Saturday, October 30, 2010

Part 7 - The Fame

Bill


l watched her sleep. It was the world's most beautiful thing to me. I saw her breath in and out, her green eyes were closed and her long black lashes were down. I could lay like this the whole day and just watch her.


Me


I woke up and Bill was smiling at me.
- Goodmorning darling, he said with his soft voice.
- Goodmorning baby, i said and smiled.
He started to nuzzle my neck softly. I felt happiness trough my whole body.
- Last night was amazing, he said.
I nodded and agreed. It really was amazing. We were laying there in our big bed with the morningsun shining trough our window and cuddling together. Suddenly i felt sick.
- Bill, i don't feel good.
- How are you darling?
He instantly sat up in bed, held his arm around me and looked worried.
- I feel like i'm going to throw up.
- Lay down baby, he said.
He started to stroke my hair.
- I'll go and make you some tea, he said.

I woke up later. I found a cold cup of tea on my nighttable. I watched the clock. I had been sleeping for hours. I turned my head around and found Bill. He was sleeping. Poor little thing, i bet he stayed up and waited for me to wake up. I kissed his forehead softly then i went to the bathroom. I felt like i just had my period or something. But it was a little bit different this time. I decided to call Georg's girlfriend, Emelie. Since she's a nurse she would know better about this than me. It was just a quick call, we didn't talk too many scentences.
- ... just make a test. It's better to do it and to have wrong than not do it and walking around with it without knowing. Good luck darling, she said.
I ran to the store, right away. It took one second for me to find the right thing. I ran back home and locked myself into the bathroom.


Bill


I woke up and she was not there. I thought that she maybe was at the bathroom. I stayed in bed and waited for her.


Me


Panic. Was i going to say it? I couldn't be quiet about it. He would notice after a while. I knew he was going to be happy. Maybe shocked, but at least a little happy. I was sitting in the bathroom and watched myself in the mirror. I looked so tired. My eyes were totally dead. My body was there, but not my mind. We've been living like this for many years now. We've been living with all the bad things that fame comes with; stress, constant control and people following us wherever we went. It was about to ruin us, our relationship. I loved him so much, i needed him more than anything in my life, he made me happy. I looked at a dead soul in the mirror.



Bill


She came back to our bedroom. I smiled at her but she gave me a serious face back. She took my hands.
- I've got something to say, she said.
I waited for her to say it. My heart raised and beated 100 times faster.
She looked away and them in my eyes again, took a deep breath and said:
- I'm pregnant.

1 comment: