Friday, December 10, 2010

The Fame - Part 14

Me

- Are you okay? Tom asked me. He looked worried. I smiled a fake smile.
- I'm fine Tom...i said but my voice was weak. I was so scared and i couldn't hold it. He saw it.
- Should i ask Bill if he can come? He asked.
- No! I screamed. Or just wait a few minutes. I don't want him to see me like this. I knew that if he would see me shaking like i was freezing to death than he would just get even more worried than he already was. So i tried to lay down and relax, but it was impossible. I couldn't get the stalkers out of my head. I could just ask myself what they would do with me if they ever found me alone again. I knew that i had been lucky. I was still alive. But what would happen when they found out that i survived? I was sure they would go insane.
- Are you sure that you are okay? Tom looked at me. In that moment he looked like my dad. Really protective.
- I'm fine okay? You can go if you want to. I closed my eyes. In that moment i really just wanted everything to end. I wanted the whole world to end.

Tom

I stayed in the room for a few minutes but then i realized that she really wanted to be alone. I walked out of the room and i could see Bill sitting in the couch were i had left him before. I sat down.
- So...he said. What did she say? He looked nervous.
- Well...it's not like she's jumping up and down of happiness. I realized that i shouldn't have been sarcastic. It made everything worse for Bill.
- I was joking okay? I said. Calm down Bill. She is scared, but she can handle it. At least i think she can, i thought to myself. Bill looked at me like i was hiding something from him. I hated that look. He never looked like that, but when he did i knew he didn't trust me.
- I'm going to talk with her now he said. I want to meet her. I can't wait for it any longer. I didn't try to stop him, so i saw him walking away from me. I layed down in the couch. I was so tired. It didn't take much time until i was sleeping in the couch, having terrible nightmares.

Bill

I knocked on the door. I could hear someone saying "Come in" so i opened it. There on the bed i saw her, laying with her eyes closed. But she wasn't sleeping. I sat down on the bed and carefully i stroked her legs. She opened her eyes and saw me. She smiled. That made me smile back.
- Hi baby, she said with a very different voice that i wasn't used to. How are you?
- I'm fine i just...my words stucked in my throat. Sweetie...i missed you so much. She leaned into my arms and i hugged her. I don't know for how long i hold her, but it felt like i was doing it for years. Over and over again i whispered that i loved her and she said it back. But suddenly i started to feel really bad. I wanted to throw up. I was feeling so bad that i didn't know what to do. She looked at me, really worried.
- Bill are you okay? She touched my arm.
- No, i...i...i couldn't answer. I looked into her eyes and felt like i was going to fall into pieces. Everything was my fault. If she never had left the house to speak with my mom, this had never happened. I could have stopped her, but i didn't. If the stalkers would have killed her, i wouldn't sit here with her and tell her how much i loved her and hear her saying it back. If she had died...i couldn't blame anyone else than me. Everything was my fault.


1 comment:

  1. This story is soooooooooooo sweet :D But I'm starting to get a little bit annoyed with bill,though...--"

    ReplyDelete